Employee Spotlight – Charles Onyemgba
Meet our Head of Admin and Supply Chain, he is a Professional Procurement and Logistics administrator and lean supply chain manager with records of producing unparalleled results. Possesses over 15 years of quality work experience in the Oil & Gas industry spanning across corporate procurements & logistics arrangement, strategy development & process administration, market research analysis, materials management & inventory supervision, General Office Administration, travel coordination, cost control he is also Flexible & versatile enough to handle work descriptions outside the scope of his experience.
He obtained his West African Examination Certificate from the Government College Ughelli, in Delta State, and his Bachelor of Science degree in Political and Administrative Studies from the University of Port Harcourt, River State and he also Acquired his MBA in Human Resource Management from Lagos State University. Among all these, A Diploma in Procurement and Supply for Chartered Institute of Procurement and Supply (CIPS) United Kingdom and a Student Member of the Chartered Institute of Procurement and Supply (CIPS), United Kingdom.
At TREXM, Mr Charles Onyemgba is responsible for al thel procurement activities for the organization. Procurement request from the field and end-user departments and process all requisitions to order and he takes charge of source to settle for requisitions from any user department, project locations and for bid purposes, he, however, follows up with local and foreign vendors on quality, prices & timely delivery of ordered materials/services – Expediting , and he handles sourcing of materials and services bid/tender to TREXM clients and internationally as well as required by field and onshore locations. he makes market research, analyses and document reports with emphasis on market trends, pricings, material quality, and liaises with foreign & local vendors also processes rig location orders, follow up request, supervise & manage delivery process and supervises logistics arrangement, materials handling & management to rig locations, also ensure review of Budgets, procurement expense, process and document timesheets, invoices.
- All negotiations and Contracting for materials and services for the company and provides cost intelligence/market research on services, categories & commodity types for our database
- bid/tenders, process and document and award orders for all RFI, RFQ, and ITT.
- Collation, Analysis of Process data for local fixed price agreement and commodity/services expenditure and identify the strategic vendor for local fixed price agreement/strategic partnership
- all freight forwarders and customs related issues to ensure value for money for the organization.
- vendors and ensure that they are in line with company terms and conditions in their supply of materials and services also develops supplier scorecard and ensure that performing vendors are rewarded and defaulting vendors are either developed or sanctioned and Coordinate base logistics arrangement, materials handling and management
- Liaise with accounts payable to ensure prompt payment/settlement of all vendor invoices in order to close the purchase order
- timely transfer and delivery of materials and services to field locations to avoid downtime occasioned by Supply Chain failure
- third party logistics (3PL) with a prompt shipment of materials delivered to them by overseas vendors and all rentals and third-party personnel required by field locations and close out their timesheets and invoices
- Follow up with clients/customers for prompt settlement of TREXM invoices.
- Take charge of the day to day running of the office