Role: Lead Systems Engineer
Job Type: Full Time
Experience: Minimum of 10 years
Qualification: Bachelor’s Degree (MSc Preferred)
The Lead Systems Engineer must manage all control systems projects, ensuring that the specifications meet client needs and expectations. Must be competent in one or more programming languages and report on the status of all projects during execution until completion to the Project Engineering Manager.
- The Lead Systems Engineer will be responsible for: evaluation of existing systems, control system design and programming, control panel design, development of Bill of Material (BOM), PLC programming, HMI programming, communication network design, preparation of system documentation and manuals, site installation/commissioning supervision (when required).
- Required to work with a multi-disciplined, diverse team of Electrical, Instrumentation and Control Engineers on projects from development through to delivery.
- Required to deliver complete Project Life Cycle including system engineering documentation, FAT/IFAT, start-up and successful commissioning at site.
- Responsible for providing technical assistance to tendering, and project teams. Supporting engineers in resolving all technical issues during projects.
- Responsible for translating customer requirements into system specifications and defining system requirements.
- Responsible for providing support to technical design studies, including short circuit calculations, load flow, system operation, EMC and quality of power supply studies etc.
- Responsible for producing designs, specifications and documentation for systems and supporting equipment, including but not limited to generators, switchboards, transformers, converters, motors, energy storage, cabling etc.
- Responsible for reviewing technical drawings, documents and electrical schematics for technical compliance and functionality.
- Responsible for the development and implementation of the Project Engineering Execution Plan.
- Responsible for system definition, field layout and flow assurance.
- Responsible for ensuring all System Interfaces are professionally managed.
Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering, Control Systems, Computer Engineering or other relevant engineering fields.
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in control systems, project management and maintenance functions for Power Generation and Oil & Gas. With at least 5 years of experience in process automation, controls and instrumentation experience in a production facility.
- Must be proficient in reading and preparing engineering documentation (P&IDs, loop wiring diagrams).
- Experience in the design, construction, and commissioning of distributed control systems, programmable logic controllers and drive systems.
- Experience working with various control system OEMs including but not limited to Emerson DeltaV DCS and SIS Systems, ABB 800XA DCS, Siemens PCS7 DCS, Yokogawa Centum VP DCS, Honeywell Experion EPKS C300, Schneider.
- Experience in programming PLCs including but not limited to Siemens PLC, Allen Bradley PLC, Schneider PLC, ABB PLC, Mitsubishi PLC, GE Fanuc PLC, Fuji PLC, Omron PLC, Delta PLC, Keyence PLC.
- Conversant with industrial communication protocols including but not limited to OPC, Modbus, Profibus, Foundation fieldbus
- Experience in programming/utilizing one or more of the following: Building Automation System (BAS), Automated Logic Controls, Human Machine Interface (HMI), SCADA systems will be advantageous.
- Proficiency in modelling, analysis and simulation of control systems and equipment using standard industrial design tools such as: AUTOCAD, MATLAB, Simulink, eTAP, SKM, CFD, etc will be advantageous.
- Strong analytical, problem solving and troubleshooting skills and experience.
- Ability to train junior engineers and work with KPIs
- Must be willing to travel periodically on short notice. Must be a self-starter with multi-discipline experience in electrical, process, and mechanical engineering.
- Effective communication skills with good interpersonal relations.
- Ability to work independently and effectively to achieve project results.
- Must be willing to work onsite at the client’s location and with multi-disciplinary teams across various geographical locations.
Only successful candidates will be contacted. This opportunity closes by Nov 15th, 2019″
TREXM is an Equal Opportunity employer. Trexm is committed to providing equal employment opportunity to all job seekers. Every qualified applicant will receive equal consideration for employment, and no one will be discriminated against based on race, religion, sex, nationality, state of origin, age or disability.