Role: Project Engineering Manager
Job type: Full Time
Experience: 15 years (Minimum 5 years leading a team)
Qualification: Bachelor’s Degree (MSc Preferred)
The Project Engineering Manager will plan and manage the technical expertise and services required to ensure the successful delivery of tenders, RFQs and projects. Reporting project outcomes to the Managing Director.
The Project Engineering Manager will effectively communicate with the business development and projects team as well the clients as required, support the pursuit of project opportunities and identify/implement the resources and training necessary. Responsibilities include business development support, budget control, project & resource management, performance management, training and all other related business activities.
- Responsible for overseeing the process of lead development through to the tender phase and project delivery/execution for each client.
- Responsible for ensuring that the standard of engineering services provided, comply with corporate standards and client specifications along with appropriate legislation.
- Maintain a close working relationship with the Business Development Team to ensure rapid and efficient communications on all technical aspects of projects.
- Interface between stakeholders on projects including employees from different teams, vendors, suppliers, contractors and/or clients.
- Promote and facilitate best in class QA and HSE standards/procedures for tenders/RFQs/proposals and projects.
- Monitor and ensure all engineering/implementation work on projects are completed within budget on schedule and meet quality standards.
- Support and supervise tendering process ensuring timely delivery of tenders, proposals and RFQs.
- Synthesize information, identify problems, and deduce solutions.
- Supervise and prepare reports, proposals, design drawings and calculations, contract information, specifications and other engineering documentation.
- Make regular presentations to customers, suppliers and within the organization.
- Serve as a technical expert to the engineering and projects teams. Ensure the technical quality of work performed by engineering and projects team meets stated organizational standards.
- Investigate client and project management issues for allocated projects to determine facts and recommend solutions.
- Train and develop junior engineers’ skills and encourage growth.
- Manage the progress of the engineering/projects work in accordance with the project scope, schedule, resources and procedures.
- Establish and maintain a climate favourable to the application of ethical and professional practices in the execution of the engineering/projects work.
Skills and qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant engineering field with a working knowledge of Chemical/Process, Instrumentation, Control and Electrical Engineering; Systems Integration, Piping and Mechanical Engineering.
- 10 years experience in engineering management specifically in the Oil and Gas industry with the ability to lead an engineering team across multiple projects.
- Minimum 5 years of experience leading a team in the execution and delivery of projects.
- A valid NYSC discharge or exemption certificate will be required (please indicate clearly on your resume)
- Working knowledge of the Nigerian Oil and Gas industry and understanding of how the various engineering players’ activities integrate into a core project.
- Excellent written, presentation and oral skills.
- Ability to work and communicate effectively with clients, contractors and vendors.
- Ability to manage a multi-disciplinary engineering/projects team – Process, Electrical, Instrumentation, Mechanical, Structural, Piping, Pipelines and Document Control.
- Ability to work without administrative supervision and effectively manage multiple and conflicting priorities
- Good knowledge of engineering design processes and systems.
- Must possess leadership and coaching skills in training and mentoring of team members and support staff
- Must be competent in the use of computer software applications used for project control and administration, including Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook.
Only successful candidates will be contacted. This opportunity closes by Nov 15th, 2019″
TREXM is an Equal Opportunity employer. TREXM is committed to providing equal employment opportunity to all job seekers. Every qualified applicant will receive equal consideration for employment, and no one will be discriminated against based on race, religion, sex, nationality, state of origin, age or disability.