Role: Proposals/Tendering Engineer
Job Type: Full Time
Experience: Minimum of 5 years
Qualification: Bachelor’s Degree (MSc Preferred)
The Technical Proposals Engineer is responsible for preparing technical and commercial proposals, tenders/RFQs and reviews ALL tender documents and supervises compilation of materials required for bids during the tendering/proposals process.
He is responsible for liaising with the Business Development, Project Engineering and Commercial Teams to ensure project opportunities are followed up by preparing proposals, which includes project cost gathering and calculations.
Together with the Business Development Manager, Project Engineering Manager and the Commercial Manager the commercial proposals are reviewed and submitted to the Client. After submission the Proposals Engineer will actively follow up the tendering process with the Client to ensure any questions are answered and in general to give the company the best chance to win the work.
The Technical Proposals Engineer will form part of the team responsible for winning contracts from our Clients and will also be expected to facilitate clear communications between the Client, Engineering, Projects, Legal, Procurement and Finance Teams during the tendering process.
The Proposals Engineer must be competent with MS Office, specifically Excel and Word. He must have the ability to do Commercial work in a Technical Environment.
- Review technical proposal requirements for Invitation to Bid documents, and related contract specifications, drawings, etc. and discuss requirements with the Project Engineers and Project Engineering Manager.
- Develop the execution plan with the Engineering/Commercial Teams and produce accurate and optimized cost estimates.
- Perform cost simulation to evaluate the execution alternatives that will enable the company to select the most cost-effective solution.
- Consider deliverables issued by all the departments involved in tenders/proposals and clarify where necessary. Also provide information upfront as may be required by these departments for establishing their deliverables, in close collaboration with the BD, Project Engineers and Commercial Teams.
- Online submission of bid package through NIPEX Joint Qualification System (NJQS) portal
- Translate Client requirements and operational limitations into a suitable proposal.
- To review thoroughly and understand all contract requirements, and to clarify the scope of delivery.
- Communicate between client and internal stakeholders across various departments.
- Enforce bids and tenders’ deadlines and schedules.
- Establish and maintain submitted bid files and related correspondence.
- Travel when required to support bid clarification, project presentations and kick-off meetings.
- Evolve viable Bidding Strategies with clear measurable indices – Key Competitors, Industry Pricing Structure, Market Share Analysis, Potential Markets and Technological Trends puts together technical bids Consolidates and compiles commercial bids.
- Prepare the commercial deliverables for our proposal, especially the price schedule, unit rates and commercial qualifications.
- Implement cost impacts during the contract clarification and negotiation phase.
- Handover to the Project Engineering Manager in case of contract award.
- Drive the development of cost estimating tools and benchmarks.
- Support tender clarification and contract negotiation phases.
- Support and train Tendering/Proposals Team on relevant functions.
Skills and qualifications
- Minimum of 5 years technical experience in engineering operations with a strong background/experience in cost estimation and control.
- Good understanding of Oil & Gas products and activities.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and work with tight deadlines.
- Produces work of high quality and accuracy.
- Flexibility to work within the demands of the role.
- Good organizational skills and smart working methods.
- Proactive and curious. Ability to take an overall view and a critical mind.
Only successful candidates will be contacted. This opportunity closes by Nov 15th, 2019″
TREXM is an Equal Opportunity employer. Trexm is committed to providing equal employment opportunity to all job seekers. Every qualified applicant will receive equal consideration for employment, and no one will be discriminated against based on race, religion, sex, nationality, state of origin, age or disability.
Women with ER positive breast cancer may recur as late as 20 years post diagnosis purchase cialis